Combined haploid and insertional mutation screen in the zebrafish
- Wiellette, E., Grinblat, Y., Austen, M., Hirsinger, E., Amsterdam, A., Walker, C., Westerfield, M., and Sive, H.
- Genesis (New York, N.Y. : 2000) 40(4): 231-240 (Journal)
- Registered Authors
- Amsterdam, Adam, Grinblat, Yevgenya, Hirsinger, Estelle, Sive, Hazel, Walker, Charline, Westerfield, Monte, Wiellette, Elizabeth
- MeSH Terms
- Body Patterning
- Cloning, Molecular
- Guanylate Cyclase/genetics
- Models, Biological
- Mutagenesis, Insertional/methods*
- Zebrafish Proteins/genetics
- 15593329 Full text @ Genesis
Wiellette, E., Grinblat, Y., Austen, M., Hirsinger, E., Amsterdam, A., Walker, C., Westerfield, M., and Sive, H. (2004) Combined haploid and insertional mutation screen in the zebrafish. Genesis (New York, N.Y. : 2000). 40(4):231-240.
To identify genes required for development of the brain and somites, we performed a pilot screen of gynogenetic haploid zebrafish embryos produced from mothers mutagenized by viral insertion. We describe an efficient method to identify new mutations and the affected gene. In addition, we report the results of a small-scale screen that identified five genes required for brain development, including novel alleles of nagie oko, pou5f1, ribosomal protein L36, and n-cadherin, as well as a novel allele of the laminin g1 gene that is required for normal skeletal muscle fiber organization and somite patterning.
Genes / Markers
Mutation and Transgenics
Human Disease / Model Data
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes
Errata and Notes