- Itou, J., Akiyama, R., Pehoski, S., Yu, X., Kawakami, H., Kawakami, Y.
- Developmental dynamics : an official publication of the American Association of Anatomists 243: NA (Other)
- Registered Authors
- Akiyama, Ryutaro, Kawakami, Hiroko, Kawakami, Yasuhiko
- cardiomyocytes, endothelial cells, epicardial cells, heart, regeneration, zebrafish
- MeSH Terms
- none Full text @ Dev. Dyn.
Background: The zebrafish heart regenerates after various severe injuries. Common processes of heart regeneration are cardiomyocyte proliferation, activation of epicardial tissue, and neovascularization. In order to further characterize heart regeneration processes, we introduced milder injuries and compared responses to those induced by ventricular apex resection, a widely used injury method. We used scratching of the ventricular surface and puncturing of the ventricle with a fine tungsten needle as injury-inducing techniques.