Sequence and expression pattern of ziro7, a novel, divergent zebrafish iroquois homeobox gene
- Lecaudey, V., Thisse, C., Thisse, B., and Schneider-Maunoury, S.
- Mechanisms of Development 109(2): 383-388 (Journal)
- Registered Authors
- Lecaudey, Virginie, Thisse, Bernard, Thisse, Christine
- Iroquois, homeobox, transcription factor, embryo, development, zebrafish, epiboly, gastrulation, neurulation, central nervous system, neural plate, hindbrain, midbrain, diencephalon, rhombomere, midbrain-hindbrain, Goosecoid expression, Xenopus homolog, Drosophila eye, neural plate, complex, identification, specification, neurogenesis, organization, boundaries boundary, mid-diencephalic boundary, pharyngeal arch
- MeSH Terms
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Base Sequence
- Embryo, Nonmammalian/metabolism
- Homeodomain Proteins/biosynthesis*
- Homeodomain Proteins/genetics*
- In Situ Hybridization
- Molecular Sequence Data
- Neural Crest/embryology
- Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
- Time Factors
- Tissue Distribution
- Transcription Factors/biosynthesis*
- Transcription Factors/genetics*
- Zebrafish Proteins*
- 11731254 Full text @ Mech. Dev.
Lecaudey, V., Thisse, C., Thisse, B., and Schneider-Maunoury, S. (2001) Sequence and expression pattern of ziro7, a novel, divergent zebrafish iroquois homeobox gene. Mechanisms of Development. 109(2):383-388.
We have isolated the zebrafish ziro7 gene, a novel, divergent member of the Iroquois family. ziro7 is expressed at early epiboly stages in the dorsal half of the zebrafish embryo, with a higher level in the dorso-lateral margin. From mid-gastrulation stages onward, ziro7 is expressed in a large transversal stripe in the future neural plate, which subsequently divides into thinner stripes located in the diencephalon, midbrain and hindbrain.
Genes / Markers
Mutation and Transgenics
Human Disease / Model Data
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes
Errata and Notes