Isolation and expression analysis of three zebrafish angiopoietin genes
- Pham, V.N., Roman, B.L., and Weinstein, B.M.
- Developmental dynamics : an official publication of the American Association of Anatomists 221(4): 470-474 (Journal)
- Registered Authors
- Pham, Van, Roman, Beth, Weinstein, Brant M.
- angiopoietin-1; angiopoietin-2; angiopoietin-like-3; zebrafish; hypochord; vascular development
- MeSH Terms
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Angiopoietins/isolation & purification*
- Blood Vessels/embryology
- DNA, Complementary/metabolism
- Embryo, Nonmammalian/metabolism
- Expressed Sequence Tags
- In Situ Hybridization
- Intercellular Signaling Peptides and Proteins*
- Membrane Glycoproteins/biosynthesis*
- Membrane Glycoproteins/genetics*
- Molecular Sequence Data
- Open Reading Frames
- Protein Biosynthesis*
- Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
- Signal Transduction
- Time Factors
- Zebrafish Proteins/genetics*
- Zebrafish Proteins/isolation & purification*
- 11500985 Full text @ Dev. Dyn.
Pham, V.N., Roman, B.L., and Weinstein, B.M. (2001) Isolation and expression analysis of three zebrafish angiopoietin genes. Developmental dynamics : an official publication of the American Association of Anatomists. 221(4):470-474.
The Tie1 and Tie2 receptor tyrosine kinases and the Tie2 ligands, the angiopoietins, play critical roles in vertebrate vascular embryogenesis, helping to mediate the interaction between endothelial cells and the pericytes or vascular smooth muscle cells that envelop and support them. We have obtained full-length cDNA sequences for zebrafish orthologs of angiopoietin-1 (ang1), angiopoietin-2 (ang2), and angiopoietin-like-3 (angptl3). Ang1 is expressed in head ventral mesenchyme, in the ventromedial region of somites, in mesenchyme surrounding trunk axial vessels, and in the hypochord, a transient embryonic structure of endodermal origin that has been implicated in dorsal aorta assembly in both zebrafish and Xenopus. Ang2 is expressed in head and anterior trunk ventral mesenchyme and the developing pronephric glomeruli. Angptl3 is expressed in the yolk syncytial layer.
Genes / Markers
Mutation and Transgenics
Human Disease / Model Data
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes
Errata and Notes