Zebrafish Information Network, the knowledgebase for Danio rerio research
- Bradford, Y.M., Van Slyke, C.E., Ruzicka, L., Singer, A., Eagle, A., Fashena, D., Howe, D.G., Frazer, K., Martin, R., Paddock, H., Pich, C., Ramachandran, S., Westerfield, M.
- Genetics 220(4): (Journal)
- Registered Authors
- Bradford, Yvonne, Eagle, Anne, Fashena, David, Frazer, K., Howe, Doug, Martin, Ryan, Paddock, Holly, Pich, Christian, Ramachandran, Sridhar, Ruzicka, Leyla, Singer, Amy, Van Slyke, Ceri E., Westerfield, Monte
- Danio rerio, database, knowledgebase, zebrafish
- MeSH Terms
- Databases, Genetic*
- Gene Ontology
- 35166825 Full text @ Genetics
Bradford, Y.M., Van Slyke, C.E., Ruzicka, L., Singer, A., Eagle, A., Fashena, D., Howe, D.G., Frazer, K., Martin, R., Paddock, H., Pich, C., Ramachandran, S., Westerfield, M. (2022) Zebrafish Information Network, the knowledgebase for Danio rerio research. Genetics. 220(4):.
The Zebrafish Information Network (ZFIN, zfin.org) is the central repository for Danio rerio genetic and genomic data. ZFIN has served the zebrafish research community since 1994, expertly curating, integrating, and displaying zebrafish data. Key data types available at ZFIN include, but are not limited to, genes, alleles, human disease models, gene expression, phenotype, and gene function. ZFIN makes zebrafish research data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable through nomenclature, curatorial and annotation activities, web interfaces, and data downloads. Recently, ZFIN and six other model organism knowledgebases have collaborated to form the Alliance of Genome Resources, aiming to develop sustainable genome information resources that enable the use of model organisms to understand the genetic and genomic basis of human biology and disease. Here we provide an overview of the data available at ZFIN including recent updates to the gene page to provide access to single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq) data, links to Alliance web pages, ribbon diagrams to summarize the biological systems and Gene Ontology terms that have annotations, and data integration with the Alliance of Genome Resources.
Genes / Markers
Mutation and Transgenics
Human Disease / Model Data
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes
Errata and Notes